Thursday, September 20, 2012

Review: Fanny Serrano Two-Way Cake in Organza


Before I totally hit pan, I'd like to share with you my current foundation which is Fanny Serrano Two-Way Cake in Organza. I got this foundation several months ago as it is highly recommended by beauty bloggers. I wanted to find out why it gathered a lot of raves. Some even say that it can be a good dupe for MAC StudioFix in nc35 (i cannot really tell as I don't own one). Is the product totally worth the raves it's getting?

After 4 months of usage, here it is! I use it almost everyday.


The mirror is inconveniently placed at the back of the product. You have to flip back and forth when applying the foundation.




When applied:

I have tiny acne blemishes here and there. Can you spot them? I'm too lazy to apply concealer. My blemishes are barely noticeable after the application. It also doesn't give my face a white cast because it has a yellow undertone which I love! The foundation is specially made for Filipina skin!

Swatch:

You'll get a fair amount upon swiping your finger. See?


I swirled my brush once and this is what I got. One swipe is enough to cover my entire forehead! I prefer using my brush instead of the foam because it gives a lighter coverage.


I swirled my brush three times and look. It's a little powdery and messy but it's not a big issue for me.

What I like about it:
  • Packaging. I love its matte black packaging which looks really sleek and classy. 
  • Coverage. It has medium to heavy coverage. I use a powder brush when applying it on my face because I prefer medium coverage. It covers up my acne blemishes too. I don't need a concealer when I use this. A little goes a long way, very matipid.
  • Staying power. It has a great staying power. Lasts up to 6-8 hours depending on the weather. 
  • It has a good oil control.
  • It's available in different shades. From lightest to darkest for different undertones (Silk, Satin, Duchess, Organza, Chino, Orleans, Rajah, Fantasia)
  • Application. Easy to work with. Foundation is so smooth! 
  • Affordable. Your 399php is definitely worth it. 
  • Availability. Widely available in Fanny Serrano Counters located at SM Department Stores/Watsons

What I don't like about it:
  • The location of the mirror which makes it inconvenient to use. I don't like flipping back and forth. No big deal, though.

Rating
9.5/10
If you are looking for a good quality foundation that has great coverage and staying power for an affordable price, this is definitely for you! FS foundation is perfect for Filipina skin tones! I love this product but I'm still in search for cheaper alternatives. Suggestions?

Where to get:

399php at Fanny Serrano counters, SM Department Stores/Watsons

Have you tried Fanny Serrano 2-way cake before? What do you think about it? What's your favorite foundation? I would love to hear your thoughts!

Have a great night! God bless!

Love, 
Iya

21 comments:

  1. Nakakaintriga na talaga itong product na to. Ako nalang ata ang hindi nakakagamit nito. I wanna try this lalo na yung Rajah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Iya, I'm so happy this product worked well for you! I tried to use this (Silk) and it still oxidized on me. :(

    xoxo,

    Iya

    http://youtube.com/missplpify
    http://missplpify.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it did? :( It's not hood pala for all skin types. Thanks for informing!

      Delete
  3. Wow. My friend recommended the FS bb cream to me last time and then I read this review. I'm so happy that local products are really up to par with international ones. Makes me want to give this two way cake a try. :) Thanks for this review~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard about the FS BB cream too. Agree! That way, we wouldn't have to reach out for imported products! :)

      Delete
  4. I wanna try this one too! HAHA!! Great coverage! Love it!:) XX, Mitchie

    http://mitchiekyuti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know about your thoughts once you've tried this product! :)

      Delete
  5. I have 4 shades of this in my Pro kit and they're a staple. I love 'em! I'm actually planning to collect all available shades but I'm just waiting for my "nearest mall" to change up their stocks with the new packaging as I heard they will be refillable na. :)

    Makeup and My World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited about the new packaging! Can't wait! A lot of make up artists use this nga. :)

      Delete
  6. Okay, it is super clear na. I should try this one very soon! I have read a lot of posts about this sis, and dahil sa post mong to' mas naconvince ako na itry sya. You look great and pretty on that picture! Buti ka nga super tiny lang ng pimples mo, ako may sudden break out ngayon. super dull ng skin ko :|. Back to the topic, it's great kasi it controls oil and it last for 6-8 hours, which means you don't have to reapply no? Okay, okay. Dapat na talaga akong gumastos sa foundation! haha tama na ang kakastick lang sa 150 pesos na Maybelline at EB. Nice review sistar! Mwuah! - Pretty Thrifty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uuy bibili na yan! Thank you sis! Nagkakapimples pa rin ako lalo during PMS! I hope you find the product that would treat your breakouts na! Hmm, sa akin, naglalast talaga sya for that long. I don't have an oily skin. Minsan lang ako magre-apply.

      Let me know once you've tried this product ha! Thanks again! Mwah!!

      Delete
  7. Wow, this really looks good on you! ♥ I first heard of this from Say. I think I should try this really sooon!!!! ^_^ Thanks for the review ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Let me know once you've tried out this product! :)

      Delete
  8. I had one before.. Chino yata yun shade ko. And it I liked it. :) I really want to repurchase this :) Nice review Iya! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sa next purchase ko, I'd take Chino na. i think it has more yellow undertone! Yey! Thanks Chel!

      Delete
  9. Thanks Steph for another award! I'll check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi po! hndi ka ba ng breakout using this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Fortunately, I did not experience any breakouts. :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...