Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Review: NYX Matte Lipstick in Tea Rose



Ever since I've tried my sister's NYX round lipstick in Tea Rose, I've decided to have one. Just like what happened with NYX SMLC in Addis Ababa. Review here. For the second time around, NYX product had me at one try! This is my first NYX matte lipstick. The color of the lipstick appeared a little brighter and pinker than the actual.


I decided to get the matte version of Tea Rose because NYX round lipsticks are too creamy for my liking. Not long wearing, too. And so I ordered this at Chic Cosmetics Manila for only 235php! I was too excited because she had them on hand. I am too impatient for preorders.


At first, I was surprised that it didn't have the same shade as NYX rls in Tea Rose. It turned out a little pinker! I was expecting a MLBB shade. This turned out to be MLBP (my lips but pinker!). I really like the color. Even if it didn't turn out the way I expected it to be, I wasn't disappointed at all. I'm happy that I got the matte version rather than the round one.


It has brownish pink color which can be great for everyday use. This is my current favorite lipstick. It appears to have a purplish shade at different lighting which I find nice. Other than the color, the other thing that I love about this lipstick is its staying power! Look!


I barely recognized the difference between the two! The staying power is what I love about matte lipsticks so much <3

Here it is when worn! I love how it can be paired with any makeup look.


What I like:
  • The color is great for everyday use!
  • Packaging. It's simple and it has a clear window at the middle
  • Decent staying power. It stays after eating.
  • Not drying at all, great formulation
  • Affordable for 235php
  • Pigmentation is great
What I don't like:
  • Availability issues. NYX lipsticks are not available at SM Malls
  • It has a weird scent
Rating:
9/10
I love this lipstick so much! Really wearable. Great staying power and pigmentation as well.

Where to get:

Chic Cosmetics Manila for 235php. Other NYX sellers have this too.

I hope this review helped! What's your favorite NYX Matte Lipstick? What do you think about this shade? I would love to hear from you! 

God bless!
Love, 
Iya



16 comments:

  1. Ganda! looks great on you! How I wish NYX will be available in stores here in the Philippines..

    http://steph-g.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing the same thing! Thanks Steph!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy guacamole! staying power is indeed superb! I'll check this product out soon. ^_^ great review Iya!

    xoxo,

    Iya

    http://missplpify.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me hear about your thoughts once you get ahold of this product! Thanks Iya! It's weird to talk with a person who has the same name as yours, right? Hehe :D

      Delete
  4. Kaya pla, I've been looking for this pero di avaialabe, wooaahhh.. im a loser :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ypu should check out Chic Cosmetics Manila for NYX products!

      Delete
  5. it looks gorgeous on you! perfect for that angelic face :) i love matte lipstick too for its staying power ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hazel! Angelic face? Hehehe thanks!!
      Yes, matte lipsticks have great staying power!

      Delete
  6. It looks super nice on you.

    http://michellemagramo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! It looks pretty on you! Super bait ang peg! hehe
    I love matte lipsticks form NYX. My favorite dba is shocking pink. hehe I want to try Whipped Caviar also. :D

    anyways flawless sister... nominated you for the liebster award!
    http://allaboutbeingglam.blogspot.com/2012/09/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, mukha lang talagang mabait, match sa ugali :) Hahaha thank you! oo nga eh. Actually dapat Shocking Pink din bbilhin ko. Next time :)) Di ako familiar pa sa Whipped Caviar. Issearch ko :> Thank you!!

      Delete
  8. Bagay! :) Tea Rose looks great on brown-haired gals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking this out! It suits you perfectly as well! :)

      Delete
  9. Hi girl! Is this authentic? Cause I've never seen a mac lipstick with this packaging ever! :)

    www.princessarah16.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a matte lipstick from NYX. Not from MAC :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...