Saturday, October 27, 2012

Review: Beauty Cosmetics Face Perfection Brushes


*Warning: Picture heavy post

I know you've been waiting for this review ever since I posted my Beauty Cosmetics Haul. Well, here it is! What's really intriguing about this particular brush set is it looks so much like Sigma Synthetic Kabuki Kit. Apart from the price, I couldn't really compare Beauty Cosmetics with Sigma because I do not have the latter. Sigma Synthetic Kabuki Kit costs approximately 2500php (56usd) while Beauty Cosmetics Face Perfection Brushes cost 850php (20usd).


Here is how Sigma Synthetic Kabuki Kit looks like. Photo taken from Sigma Website. Aesthetic wise, I think the color of the Beauty Cosmetics brush bristles are more expensive looking than Sigma's. 


The brushes came with a drawstring pouch with Beauty Cosmetics logo. Very handy for travel! Each brush came with a plastic sleeve. 



Density: I am amazed how all of the brushes are densely packed! The images above don't lie! The density of a brush must be looked whenever one is looking for a good quality brush. If a brush is not densely packed, the makeup application would be difficult. The softness of a brush would be of no good if it isn't densely packed. 


The brushes look so nice that I have to take multiple photos of them! I had difficulty choosing what photos to include in this post.



Bristles: They are made of synthetic bristles which are super soft! Synthetic brushes are great for applying powder, cream and liquid products on the face. As opposed to animal hair bristles, synthetic bristles do not absorb products. They transfer product very well unto the face and give a seamless finish. I didn't experience any shedding or bleeding during the first wash.



Handles: The handles of the brush have a shiny finish engraved with silver Beauty Cosmetics lettering. They are thicker than the handles of the 12 PC Synthetic Brushes. I think they really look sturdy and classy! The length of the brushes are no bigger than the tip of my middle finger up to the end of my palm. (Sorry no exact measurements!)

Let's now move on to the individual brushes. They have no name like Sigma so I'm gonna give them names!

BC Tapered Kabuki which looks like Sigma F86: Perfect for applying cream or liquid products onto the harder to reach areas of the face like the sides of the nose and the inner corners of the eyes.


BC Flat Top Kabuki which looks like the famous Sigma F80: Perfect for applying cream or liquid products onto the flat areas of the face like cheeks and forehead. I use this brush to set and buff my foundation.



Here's a side by side comparison with the flat top brush from the BC 12 PC Synthetic Brush Set. The flat top kabuki brush is smaller but denser!


Look how the smaller brush is denser than the bigger one. I prefer the flat top kabuki brush from the Face Perfection set than the flat top brush from 12 PC Synthetic set because it's more firm. I find the bigger flat top brush a bit flimsy.


BC Angled Kabuki which looks like Sigma F84. Perfect for applying bronzer and blush! I love love love this brush! Definitely my favorite. I'm a big contour fan that's why I love using this brush. Now I've found the perfect brush for contouring and applying brush.


In comparison with the angled brush from the 12 PC brush set, the brush is again, denser or more tightly packed.


Like the flat top brush, the angled brush both from the 12 PC brush set are a bit flimsy in my opinion. The brushes from the Face Perfection Set are definitely easier to use than the face brushes from the 12 PC brush set.


What I like:

  • Affordable for 850php. Totally worth it! 
  • Locally available. I had a smooth transaction with Ms. Rosenn, the owner of Beauty Cosmetics. I got my order the next day after I paid for them.
  • The brushes are super soft and densely packed. 
  • The travel-sized brushes can easily fit any makeup kit unlike full-sized brushes
  • Thick handles provide a better grip
  • No shedding or bleeding  
  • Synthetic bristles = cruelty free
  • Each brush performed its job well
  • Sleek looking 
What I don't like:
          None at all! I love the brushes to bits!!

Rating:
10/10
Thumbs up to Beauty Cosmetics for coming up with quality face brushes for an affordable price. Grab yours now!

Where to get:

33 comments:

  1. WOW. Those brushes are gorgeous! I love 'em!

    ~Elle
    http://littellebratontheloose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love looking at my lovely brushes! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to buy this but sembreak prohibits me. LOL. Nice review Iya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yehey, I am so happy for you girl! I agree, muka syang sosy! And upon looking on the pictures, talagang parang it get's the product so well, but it delivers good coverage, yun bang hindi nya iaabsorb yung product, then sobrang konti nalang ng mapupunta sa face mo. Ah, I am so inlove dahil super soft siya. Grr, I need to buy this. Konting tiis nalang talaga. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis Jenny! I know you'll be able to buy a brush set real soon! Yes, tiis tiis lang! Yup, I'm very pleased with this brush set <3

      Delete
  4. Wow! Love it! it's definitely a good dupe for sigma! :) will get these next week including the 12pc great review dear! :) followed your blog :)

    xoxo

    Jhelai

    http://makeupbyjhelai.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear! Let me know about your thoughts once you get them! Thanks for following as well. I'll follow back :)

      Delete
  5. You got their 12pc set also diba? :) I might order narin soon! I havent seen a negative review yet soooo I'll try these for myself. Been so picky on brush sets! I'm leaning on Real Techniques also but konti lang kasi yun :'( So confused! Haha.

    ♥,
    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! The face brushes from the 12pc set are not as good as this set. Aside from my need to get a decent brush set, the good reviews about the 12pc set were the main reason why I bought mine! Too convincing eh! It's perfectly okay to be picky on brush sets because it would be a waste if you buy something that has a bad or so-so quality.

      Delete
  6. Do they prick your face sometimes? I read a review from another blogger that they do. :/

    xx, Kim
    Kimpossibly Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't experienced any pricking so far from the face brushes. However the face brushes from the 12pc set prick my face sometimes. Just sometimes :)

      Delete
  7. Nice brushes!! Where can you get them online? Just discovered your blog, new follower here! Follow back if you want :)

    http://letskisstomakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I provided the links above. Thanks for following! I'll follow back :)

      Delete
  8. I've been meaning to try the face perfection brushes to compare it with my Sigma.

    Thanks for this review sis!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Please let me know once you get hold of BC brushes! I would love to find out the differences and similarities between the brands.

      Delete
  9. Wow this surely looks soooo soft and dense!! and very affordable too! Great buy! :)

    http://dressmeupbuttercup.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hindi halatang mahilig ka sa Beauty Cosmetics brushes! Hihihi these look really nice talaga. And huge difference pa sa prices nito and ng Sigma. Thanks for the review! BTW, you have the Makeup by Toni blending brush? How is it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. super nice! can't wait to get mine <3

    http://rrraych.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanna try it! :)

    ehmjaybornales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really a great buy! I suggest you try it if you don't have face brushes like these yet. :)

      Delete
  13. I want this set too! and I can say its pretty affordable ah! I bought an F80 before and it cost me PHP1300!!! To think this set is PHP850 tapos 4 pa!! I am so going to purchase this!! Thanks so much for sharing! I have been searching for a sigma quality brushes but at a affordable price. Thanks Iya!! mwahz ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pricey for an individual brush! Omg! Let me hear once you've purchased the set! You're welcome Janet! :*

      Delete
  14. The Sigma Synthetic Kabuki set has been on my wish list forever! I've seen this on Facebook na nga but I'm still apprehensive if I'll get them (the pink set).
    I fell in love with the synthetic brushes from landmark kaya di muna ako bibili ng iba. But I'll definitely keep this set in mind :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Synthetic brushes from Landmark are really promising, very soft and affordable but not dense enough for me.

      Delete
  15. Woooooow :D I'm so adding this on my wish list. Mangongolekta muna ako ng pamasko! LOL =)) Thanks for the review :) I own a Bare Naturals' vegan flat top brush :) It's really soft, never shed, never bled and it has been with me for 2 years and counting!! :) I hope you can do a post about Brush Care and How to Properly Clean and Shape Brushes!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I don't have any system in cleaning/shaping my brushes. too lazy! But I will post if ever I came up with one. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  16. I ordered this :D ah!! super excited to have it na!

    http://steph-g.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi!
    My name is Monika and I live in Japan.
    Do you know if the BC has the international shipping service?
    I live in Japan and I really like the brushes sets,they are more cute than Sigma´s brushes..
    Could you send me an email with the instructions of where to buy theses brushes? My email address is chadpimentinha2010@gmail.com
    Thank you..
    And have a great day.. (^u^)v

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoy reading your blog, It will be provide affordable cosmetics product collection to get affordable price.


    kabuki brush for liquid foundation & foundation application brush

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow this makeup brushes is really amazing, Thanks for the information and links you shared this is be a useful and quite informative! very beautiful makeup brushes..Thank you!

    If you have time, you can also visit this website: http://blushies.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...